Careers with Kids4Peace Boston
Build Bridges With Us
Careers at Kids4Peace Boston
June 25th-August 5th, 2021
10 hours per week
- Thursdays 9am-4pm program delivery in-person on-site
- 3 hours per week of program planning and preparation
- Week of June 25th allotted for on-boarding, with no on-site program facilitation required
This position could extend into the school year of 2021 if desired/agreed upon by both parties. Additional hours in summer 2021 may become available.
LOCATION: on-site program in Roxbury, MA; some remote work
REPORTS TO: Director of Education and Outreach, and collaborates with Director of Education and Outreach and Director of Programs and Strategy
MISSION: Kids4Peace Boston (K4PB) bridges society’s divides through interfaith connection and action. During monthly school year activities and summer camp programs, we engage a diverse group of teens from all around the Greater Boston area in leadership training, peacebuilding/social justice action, community service, interfaith outreach, and fun. For more information, please visit: http://kids4peaceboston.org/
JOB OVERVIEW: The Program Facilitator will assist the Director of Education and Outreach and Director of Programs and Strategy in delivering programming at one of K4PB’s partner organizations, St. Stephen’s Youth Programs BSafe Summer Camp. The program will serve middle school youth of varying religious identities and backgrounds, offering them experiential activities to consider their identities in community.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 20 years old
- Physically and mentally able to handle the care of participants throughout a day-long in-person program
- Experience working with youth, preferably in a summer camp, religious or secular education, or peacebuilding setting
- Experience facilitating difficult conversations, preferably dialogue across diversity and difference
- Interest in youth leadership development and in empowering youth to work for cooperation and social change in their communities and the world
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the US
- Help create a safe, happy, and memorable experience for program participants
- Work with staff team to ensure participants follow guidelines, remain safe, experience the best program possible, and have fun
- Help run programs and facilitate discussions
- Lead recreational and/or sports activities
- Other duties as needed
COMPENSATION: $200/week; Travel reimbursement available upon request.
Please send letter of interest and resume, or any questions, to Megan Hopkins, Director of Education and Outreach: firstname.lastname@example.org.