Careers with Kids4Peace Boston
Build Bridges With Us
Careers at Kids4Peace Boston
About Kids4Peace Boston: For over ten years, Kids4Peace Boston has brought young people together from over 50 diverse religious communities in Massachusetts to create opportunities for middle and high schoolers to build relationships across religious and other boundaries. We use an interfaith lens as both a call to action and basis for our mission to bridge society’s divides, creating more peaceful, just and equitable communities through interfaith connection and action. Year-round, youth come together to build community across religious and other divides, participating in experiential education where they “learn by doing” together. Through this experiential learning, youth become aware of how their beliefs, values, and practices can contribute to a more just and civil society.
Kids4Peace Boston seeks a passionate, self-motivated and mission-driven leader to bring us into our second decade. The Executive Director is the external face of the organization,and is responsible for the overall operation of the organization, including: strategic planning, fundraising and financial management; cultivation of relationships with families, donors, board members, and partner organizations; oversight of program development and implementation; leadership and direction of staff, and achievement of measurable outcomes, consistent with the priorities, policies, programming goals, and financial plan approved by the K4PB Board of Directors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs to achieve program goals
- Support the organization’s mission, principles, and core values ensuring that programming is consistent with organizational mission, goals and objectives
- Ensure an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes through safe, effective and mission-driven programming
- Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures
- Oversee and direct program staff, including recruitment, hiring, training and supervision
- In coordination with the Board of Directors, ensure and oversee a strategic planning process is instituted that results in the development and implementation of a quality strategic plan that is reviewed annually.
- Ensure and oversee the identification and evaluation of opportunities for improvement and implement plans for improvements.
- Assist with identifying, recruiting and developing effective board members
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization
- Ensure that Board committees are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives
- In partnership with the Board, lead, design and implement a fundraising annual plan with individuals, organizations, community leaders, and granting agencies, meeting short- and long-term revenue needs
- Recommend annual goals and corresponding budget (revenue and expenses) to the K4PB Board of Directors, ensuring the annual budget is funded and the organization has adequate cash flow
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and program expansion
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of K4PB, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Ensures that all necessary administrative, operational, personnel, information and communications technology, and financial infrastructure and systems are in place to support effective operations
- Ensure productive and effective staff performance, developing and maintaining a dashboard of metrics that highlight the qualitative and quantitative impact of K4PB and works to continuously evaluate and improve programs
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures and trends, notable achievements and any problems/issues
- Handle all banking transactions and coordinate monthly financial reporting with bookkeeper
- Ensure development, implementation and monitoring of plans for updating existing technology and resources
- Ensure the acquisition and allocation of funds for implementing and updating existing technology resources
- Oversees website development and maintenance
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations and utilize those relationships to enhance K4PB’s mission
- Serves as the primary liaison to communities in the Boston area and partner organizations
Marketing and Public Relations
- Creates and effectively communicates key messaging (program updates, initiatives, event announcements) to targeted stakeholders via multiple communication platforms, including social media, website, other media outlets and personal relationships
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating stronger brand and brand awareness.
- Serve as Kids4Peace Boston’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents and the general public
- Attend and participate in monthly weekend school year and overnight summer youth programs, as well as occasional evening and weekend meetings
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- A minimum of five years experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency with at least two years in a leadership capacity
- Experience in managing effective and high-quality youth programming
- Demonstrated personal or professional experience in interfaith work, peace-building, and/or building pluralistic communities
- Ability to effectively motivate, collaborate with, and communicate shared vision with a diverse group of constituents
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and religious and non-religious communities
- Exceptional organizational skills, including proven ability to work independently and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, hands-on, unstructured environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and technology skills, including the use of social media and other platforms (i.e., google apps, WordPress, etc.)
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, develop and collaborate with staff
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- Financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
- Significant ease with a position that requires allows for considerable independence/alone time in day-to-day functioning
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position, offering flexible hours and the opportunity to work remotely within the Greater Boston area. When safe to do so, the Executive Director will be required to be present in-person for some youth programming throughout the year. The ED is the “face” of the organization and will also be expected to meet with parents, partners, donors and board members as needed and when it is safe to do so once again.
While there are no benefits offered, the position offers a great deal of flexibility and the opportunity to work with a diverse and passionate group of individuals committed to healing our society’s divides.
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org